Unlawful charge

I have been charged £100 x2 by Bulb, despite not being a customer or ever having been a customer. Please can someone respond so that i can understand how this has happened and whether it is Bulb or my current provider that seems to have illegally shared my details.

Many thanks,

Richard

I’d suggest contacting your bank, who will be able to confirm who the payments went to, and if necessary attempt to reclaim your money.

Thanks,
The money has been taken from my account by bulb energy. I just want to know how they managed to get my bank details and organise such a transaction.
I’m sure that i can get a refund but this is a significant breach of GDPR given i haven’t given consent or my personal details.

Rich

If you’re not a Bulb customer, any Bulb staff reading your post won’t be able to help without further personal information and will likely advise you to call them. Or email complaints@bulb.co.uk to get the ball rolling.

In the meantime though I’d still suggest contacting your bank to stop the direct debit (or whatever has been set up in your name), so no further payments are taken.

Thanks, I’ll definitely get on to the bank and email that address thanks.

I couldn’t get through to the phone number this afternoon but will try again tomorrow.

It could of course be someone committing fraud and using Bulb as a fake name etc. Let’s see.

I’d be calling the bank’s fraud department tonight if I was you. If it is an elaborate fraud, you want to nip it in the bud as soon as possible, so they stand a better chance of getting your money back and stop more being taken.

Good luck.

Would suggest contacting your bank ASAP, if you haven’t already done so(my bank has 24/7 live chat, presume yours is similar)
Best let yor bank deal with it, as bulbs response to emails is pretty abysmal.
Your payments should be protected under the D/D guarantee

1 Like

Hey @Rmason1,

We don’t physically have the means to insert your sensitive info to set up a payment plan for you.

But we do take fraudulent signups extremely seriously and we would like to get to the bottom of this.

As @skippy64 & @norman7115 rightfully said, your bank can cancel the unauthorized transaction from their end, if it has already reached the account, we would love to refund it.

Could you send us an email or get in touch with us via live chat (we’re open Mon-Fri, 9-6pm) so we can look into this for you?