UPDATE: We’ve started installing smart meters in our members’ homes.

Would love a new gen smart meter to be fitted. Hopefully ours is installed soon!

@Meganeward as far as I know, there is no shortage of IHDs. I’ll have to check with the smart team about that. In the meantime, I’ve asked for them to send you one.

@paulj cheers for the picture. I have let the team know that your IHD is only showing [EDITED ] gas. They will need to investigate from this end.

@Defaultrt have you signed up to the smart meter waiting list yet? Once signed up, we’ll let you know when we can come to install the smart meter :slight_smile:

Thanks @“Eleanor at Bulb”

Just to clarify that my IHD is only showing GAS. Will they update via e-mail or give me a call?

Paul

Whoops - yes I’ve logged that for you. They’ll drop you an email once it’s done.

Whoops - yes I’ve logged that for you. They’ll drop you an email once it’s done.

Thanks! Hopefully hear from them soon.

I’ve got my appointment booked!

My IHD is also showing gas only, it has never shown electricity.

Hi @“Eleanor at Bulb” - just signed up to Bulb. Have E7 meters at the moment but super keen on getting on board with smart meters especially seeing the 3 tier tariff system on offer. Is there a way of finding out when the rollout is expected in my area?

Hey @jopo - I’m afraid I can’t give you a good idea of when these will be available in your area. But I do know that if you’ve signed up to the smart meter waiting list then we’ll be in contact before Easter if there’s good signal and engineer availability.

I've got my appointment booked!
=)

@ThatGuy - thanks for letting me know. I’ve passed this on to the smart team. They’ll send you an email once they’re able to fix that on our end.

Hi Eleanor. We’ve been invited to get a smart meter but whilst the gas one is easily accessible, the electric one is alongside a toilet. Obviously I don’t want to get charged if it can’t be installed. Is it still the case that less accessible installs are not happening yet? I’ve attached a couple of pictures with the cover taken off.

@“Eleanor at Bulb” Thanks.

We've been invited to get a smart meter but whilst the gas one is easily accessible, the electric one is alongside a toilet. Obviously I don't want to get charged if it can't be installed. Is it still the case that less accessible installs are not happening yet? I've attached a couple of pictures with the cover taken off.

Siemens have given us rough guidelines of the space they need to complete the job. They need space to safely and comfortably get around the meter so that they can remove your current meter and get a new one installed. It’s down to the discretion of the engineer who visits you on the day.

I suspect that the engineer would not have the space needed to get this job done so we can’t bring you smart meters at the moment. Sorry about that.

I believe I signed up for the smart meter waiting list multiple times more than a year ago (edit: it was October 2017): how can I know if I’m still there and have been overlooked? My postcode is G12: is that why I’ve not been contacted? I have a SMETS1 meter and a perfect WAN signal.

Hey @ross5326

We’ve not forgotten you! When there is engineer availability in your area, we’ll send you a booking form. Sorry for the wait, we’re making our way around to all our members.

Siemens have given us rough guidelines of the space they need to complete the job. They need space to safely and comfortably get around the meter so that they can remove your current meter and get a new one installed. It’s down to the discretion of the engineer who visits you on the day.

I suspect that the engineer would not have the space needed to get this job done so we can’t bring you smart meters at the moment. Sorry about that.

So will I ever get one through Bulb? Or have Siemens said never unless there is 2 feet of space around?

Are Bulb still doing installations in the north region? A thread on another forum dated one week ago states that the northern rollout has been stopped due to technical issues!

@“Eleanor at Bulb” Are you able to provide a list of SMET1 meters that you’re able to read data from?

@"Eleanor at Bulb" Are you able to provide a list of SMET1 meters that you’re able to read data from?

Unfortunately it’s not possible. We’ve already seen on here that two customers with the same model of smart meter from the same original supplier get different results, presumably depending on what firmware the meter is running. So even just a model list doesn’t give the full answer. The only way to find out is for Bulb to attempt to read the meter, and for that service they are prioritising those requesting to switch to the smart tariff.

So will I ever get one through Bulb? Or have Siemens said never unless there is 2 feet of space around?

I’ve just spoken to our smart team about this, @RobE. We won’t be able to install smart meters unless your setup changes. It’s possible to have the meter moved but given it’s in the bathroom, this would be a very costly job. It’s very likely you’d need the network operator in your area to have some rewiring :#

Although we wouldn’t want you to leave us, it might be worth having a shop around to see if other suppliers would be able to carry out the job if you are really keen on getting a smart meter fitted. We use Siemens as our smart meter installation team, but this won’t be the case for all suppliers.

@Somerpark we check whether your installation is possible based on your address rather than the whole region. We did have some difficulty connecting with some networks in the north but these are largely resolved.