Updated statement

I submitted meter readings in late June 2019. My account has not been updated in line with the payments made and the usage declared with the meter readings. You keep insisting that I am using far more gas and electricity than I really am. WHY!!! I have informed you of my circumstances many times. I believe the £20.00 payment each month is now too high. Please send me a revised / corrected statement and reduce the monthly payment to £5.00.

regards

I submitted meter readings in late June 2019. My account has not been updated in line with the payments made and the usage declared with the meter readings. You keep insisting that I am using far more gas and electricity than I really am. WHY!!!! I have informed you of my circumstances many times. I believe the £20.00 payment each month is now too high. Please send me a revised / corrected statement and reduce the monthly payment to £5.00.

regards

Have you contacted the Bulb team direct as they are best placed to help with account queries? None of us fellow customers can provide a definitive answer to your particular situation.

A simple question:

Do you submit regulator monthly meter readings and are these showing on your “Energy Usage” page?

Also obviously it depends on your particular circumstances as to the amount of energy you use, but £20 per month is very much on the low side.

To add what Allan stated.

Do you submit regulator monthly meter readings and are these showing on your "Energy Usage" page?

And within the 2 day time window otherwise estimates will be used.