Upgrading main Fuse from 60 to 80 or 100amp

Hi,

I currently have a 60 amp Fuse Board feeding into my home. I want to install 2 electric charger points and possibly Solar Panels in the future. Q. Do I need to upgrade my current fuse board to 80 or 100 amp? If so how do I go about doing that and the approx cost for doing this work.

thanks

Hi simple answer is yes!! If you are talking about ev charges!! A single loading of 7kw is rated at about 30amps!! Apart from isolation fuses alot will depend on the network capacity!! I’m not into ev’s but octopus ev’s may be helpful depending on your location they have deals with the pro-s and con’s of installing of charges take care J.

You would have to get in touch with the dno because they are the only ones allowed to upgrade your fuse. It could be that the service only has a capacity of 60 amps but if it is a higher capacity they would be able to put a higher rated fuse in

Hi @dkhalai - welcome to the Bulb Community. :wave:

@Smart_fitter is correct that you’d need to get in touch with your Distribution Network Operator about this! I’ve taken a look at your account and it looks like you should get in touch with UK Power Networks.