Use credit to pay bill

Hi,

I was hoping to use some of my credit to pay this month’s bill. How might I go about doing that?

Best,

Jack

Not sure what you mean
Your credit balance is automatically reduced each month by the amount on your statement, and increased every month by the amount of your direct debit.
If your initial quote was reasonably accurate, 12 payments should more or less cover your bills for a year.

Hi @Jackl_taylor10

I’ve skipped the payments from July and August to use up the extra credit in your account from referrals.

Rob

Hi @Jackl_taylor10

I’ve skipped the payments from July and August to use up the extra credit in your account from referrals.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for doing that. However, I appear to have been debited for my usual monthly rate on my Direct Debit account, as well as tfrom my Bulb account credit. Do you think you could have a look into that for me please?

Best wishes,

Jack

Interesting to find out how the credit works. Does the direct debit reduce? stop? until the credit has all been used. Jack appears to have both taken!

@Jackl_taylor10 We cancelled the next payments after this one as we couldn’t stop it (Direct Debits request payment 5 days before payment is taken). The next two months are the ones that will be paused.

@GrahamH You can do one of two things with the referral credit (or credit in general):

1- refund to your bank account
2- put towards new bills

We don’t do anything with the credit until you let us know, so just say what you would like done with it and we can sort it out.

@Jackl_taylor10 We cancelled the next payments after this one as we couldn't stop it (Direct Debits request payment 5 days before payment is taken). The next two months are the ones that will be paused.

@GrahamH You can do one of two things with the referral credit (or credit in general):

1- refund to your bank account
2- put towards new bills

We don’t do anything with the credit until you let us know, so just say what you would like done with it and we can sort it out.

Hi dan,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually didn’t realise that you could withdraw your credit to your account. Would
It be possible to reinstate the standard direct debit for the next two months and withdraw £100 credit.

Best,

Jack

Thanks for the reply Dan,
What is the best way to let you know how I want to use the credit? can we do it here on this community site or some other mechanism? Thanks

Any news on the above question?

Sorry for the delay here @GrahamH it’s a little easier to give us a call on 0300 30 30 635 or email help@bulb.co.uk. We get more direct notifications to emails than community messages.

@Jackl_taylor10 I have requested a bank transfer to return £100. We’ll keep the monthly payments as they were.

@Jackl_taylor10 I have requested a bank transfer to return £100. We'll keep the monthly payments as they were.

Thanks Owen. I appreciate it.