Vari-Fair off peak tariff

Can someone point me in the direction of a tariff list for both electric and gas? we’ve not got a smart meter yet as we’re new to Bulb.

My friend says her gas is cheaper between 4-7 am or 1-3 pm. Our house is so cold so we’ve started using the gas heating a lot at the moment but I’m worried about the gas bill.

Advice please would be much appreciated. :slight_smile: I saw the economy 7 page but that’s not our tariff I don’t think.
here : Off-peak hours for 2 rate, Economy 7 meters – Bulb

Hi @Chopsuzy ,

Your tariff should be listed in the ‘Account and Tariff’ info of https://account.bulb.co.uk - but you can also check this on https://bulb.co.uk/tariff (each electrical/gas region has its own rates - usually just fractions of a penny different per unit - to account for distribution costs which are outside of Bulb’s control).

If you submit two meter readings for your Electricity meter, you’ll be mostly likely on Economy 7 - otherwise, you’ll be on the standard single-rate tariff and will be charged the same amount for your electricity no matter when you use it. Again, you Bulb account should give you details of if you are on Eco7 or not (if you aren’t sure, you probably aren’t).

There is no Economy 7 (or similar) tariff for gas supplies - only electricity (i.e. gas is priced the same no matter when you use it). I’m not aware of a single residential ‘multi-rate’ gas supply in the UK by any provider.

Hi @RichyB ,
Yes I send meter readings every month for accurate payment.
So off- peak is 12:00am - 7am? as listed on that page I shared in my last comment? I said my tariff in the actual subject of this thread (Vari-fair) or that’s what it says in my account.

So it’s cheap for electric between that time and gas is the same price whatever time we turn it on?

@Chopsuzy

Just out of interest before you switched to Bulb did you know what your “cheap hours” were with your previous supplier?

All customers in Bulb are on the Vari-Fair tariff, although the actual unit prices does vary depending on the region where you live. You can see more about Vari-Fair tariff on this page, also on this page you can enter your post code and find the tariff for your area.

Hi @RichyB , Yes I send meter readings every month for accurate payment. So off- peak is 12:00am - 7am? as listed on that page I shared in my last comment? I said my tariff in the actual subject of this thread (Vari-fair) or that's what it says in my account.

Do you currently have a two-rate meter? i.e., does it show two counters and you submit two readings at the same time each month? If not then you have a single-rate meter and electric is the same price all the time.

So it's cheap for electric between that time and gas is the same price whatever time we turn it on?

As far as I’m aware there are no multi-rate gas tariffs, it’s always single rate. There’s no gas-equivalent of Economy-7.