VAT

Hello,

I’ve got a spreadsheet of my Bulb account and curious when adapting it from the last announced price change email. It says the the new Gas charge and normal Electric and standing charge rates but it says ‘these all include VAT’. Just wanting it cleared up as I thought all previous rates had VAT added on top of them when I was billed.

Cheers.

Those of us using spreadsheets have been banging on about this for quite a while now!
Bulb always quote their tariff as VAT inc. The monthly statement itemises x kWh, and the standing charge, at a VAT exc rate to two decimal places, but how many places are they actually using? Every time there’s a price change we have to faff around with the spreadsheet to find out! :#

Hello,

I’ve got a spreadsheet of my Bulb account and curious when adapting it from the last announced price change email. It says the the new Gas charge and normal Electric and standing charge rates but it says ‘these all include VAT’. Just wanting it cleared up as I thought all previous rates had VAT added on top of them when I was billed.

Cheers.

Bulb tend to show their prices including VAT as this aligns with what you actually have to pay. However the bills show the prices excluding VAT as this is required practice for most bills issued by businesses to their customers.

I think we ought to start a spreadsheet to monitor the complaints regarding this issue this causes on our spreadsheets. :slight_smile:

There are four Bulb team members named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There
was an important job to do and everybody was asked to do it. Everybody was sure Somebody
would do it, Anybody could have done it but Nobody did. Everyone was angry about
that because it was Somebody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody
realised that everyone would not. in the end, Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody
did what Anybody could have done.

Hopefully some day this will get sorted.