Want to pay when my bill is issued

I don’t feel confident in DD anymore after bulb requests to increase, no one is answering the phones lines and chat.Can bulb sort this for me as I’ve cancelled DD in case they take more money and leave me in debt with the bank.

Hello Pixie , I have been considering this topic of paying bills without direct debit . It’s difficult because I’m not that tech savvy . If you have a digital banking app ( download from your own bank ) on a computer or phone maybe you could pay BULB that way . You could look ( make sure it’s a trust worthy app) for a digital app on the Google store to pay your bills but , I’m not sure on that one . My only real idea was if you set up a PayPal account online and use PayPal . They do a massive amount of paying payments of all sorts and it’s amazing what you can find when you open an account with them . It really does open a whole new world of ideas and savings . It’s easy to do and only takes a few minutes . My only consideration would BULB take PayPal payments . I would say they would because they are internet based company energy provider . Hope this helps :+1:

I’ve just decided to do that and messaged bulb via the app. They sent me bank details and a reference number so I can transfer payment when the bill comes in. I’ll send them a reading each month do they can calculate accurately

I pay on receipt of bill each month they take the amount due from your bank no issues. Just make sure you put away each month yourself to cover through winter months, I put my readings in as normal each month easy,

I’ve been doing that for ages. I know my average monthly use. I put that aside each month and use that pot to pay the statement amount by DD when it arrives. It’s simple for me to adjust the monthly amount up or down (definitely up at the moment!!) according to use or price increases.

How about sending folk a bill every quarter based on an actual reading as in the good old days (I am not sure if the youngsters at Bulb will remember those days)?

I do this monthly, started last month as I want control just need to remember to put away each month to cover winter

Hi @Pixie,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If you happen to have smart meter, smart Pay as You Go is the best option for you. You are able to top up as and when you need through the Bulb app. If this isn’t available to you or if

If you’d prefer to pay on receipt of bill we can amend this for you, but you would need to set the DD backup.

This means your direct debit will still stand but when your statement is produced each month, you will be charged for the statement amount.
For example, if your statement in November states you’ve used £150 of energy, this exact amount will be taken via direct debit. If the funds are not available, and we cannot take the payment within 14 days of your statement date, you will be charged a missed payment fee.

This is a less flexible options in regards to higher statements, as all statements need to be paid in full, and does require you to give us meter readings no more than 3 days before your statement to ensure an accurate bill.

Let me know what you think

Thanks for your comments @Julie61 and @Cristinao - so good to hear these different methods are working for you. Would either of you consider SMART Pay as you go?

@Plugsocket123 and @Anton59 - please let me know if you need any help with the above options and we can look into this for you.

I do not remember these times @wulf :rofl: but it sounds great!

– Daisy :bulb:

Thank you @Daisy_at_Bulb but I already pay the statement amount. Thanks for offering!!

Hi Daisy,

I have just topped up my account this morning and would prefer to pay like this to be honest,surely if the account is in credit before the next bill I’ll be ok right? And if it’s higher I can go on and pay the difference?

@Daisy_at_Bulb

I wasn’t given any options other than cancelling my DD and paying on receipt of bill via Bacs however I would consider other variations on paying actual.

Does smart pay as you go depend on having a smart meter installed, my flat wasn’t suitable last time I looked.

I currently send monthly readings in the app, I get a reminder.

I want to stay as I am as I don’t want a smart meter, thanks