Warm Home Discount: Ask your questions here!

You can find out everything you need to know about the Warm Home Discount on our help article.

If you still have questions about what it is, whether you are eligible, or anything else, let us know by commenting below :slight_smile:

Can you claim warm home discount if someone else who lives with you claims both Income related ESA and High rate care and mobility PIP?? Thanks in advance

Hi @tracey_potter,

You probably need to get them added to the bill first and as soon as they are a joint account holder, I believe that means they’ll qualify under the broader group (see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245512-Can-I-get-the-Warm-Home-Discount- ). However, if they aren’t on the bill, ‘you (the premises)’ don’t seem to qualify (I suspect this is down to verification/identity checks - if you provide Governmental statements saying ‘XYZ is entitled to ABC benefits’ but ‘XYZ’ isn’t on the bill, how can Bulb validate it?)

See https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003608972-Can-I-change-or-add-a-second-name-to-my-account- for adding additional names to the account.

Hi @tracey_potter. RichyB is right, you’ll need to add a second name to the account before you make the application. You can send us an email at help@help.co.uk or give us a call 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) and one of our team will help you with that.