warm home discount

am looking to claim warm home discount my partner claims child tax credits for my 5 year old. so can i still claim as the tax credit is in my partners name and not mine but still to the same address and also what evidence can i up load to show proof of parental responsibility for child born after 1 april 2013 thank

Hi @tony_scarbro ,

According to https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245512-Can-I-get-the-Warm-Home-Discount- , if you/your partner:

  • 5 receive child tax credit by virtue of an award which is based on your annual income being less than £16,190 AND a qualifying criteria from
  • © If 5, have one of the following:
  • has parent responsibility for a child under the age of 5 who ordinarily resides with you
  • receives the disability or severe disability element of child tax credit
  • receives a disabled child premium

then you’ll be entitled to the Warm Home Discount under Bulb’s ‘Broader group’. However, they’ll still got to validate it and by sounds of things, the government is strict about this. The account has got to be (at least partially) in the claimants name - but it’s quite easy to add a second name to your Bulb account (see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003608972-Can-I-change-or-add-a-second-name-to-my-account- - but just drop them an email at help@bulb.co.uk CC’ing your partner or give Bulb a call when you are both available).

Parental responsibility I assume can be shown with something official giving your/your partners name and the childs name (such as the benefits letter or maybe even a letter from school).