Warm home discount

I have been turned down for warm home discount with bulb. My previous suppliers allowed it. My circumstances have not changed, I don’t understand why I do not qualify

I have been turned down for warm home discount with bulb. My previous suppliers allowed it. My circumstances have not changed, I don’t understand why I do not qualify

You will need to discuss the reasons direct with the Bulb team, this is a public forum and perhaps not the place to discuss personal circumstances.

Hi Exeter1969,
Every energy supplier can set its own criteria for the Warm Home Discount, based on requirements from Ofgem, the energy regulator.

As it’s our first time providing the Warm Home Discount, we’re currently using Ofgem’s recommended criteria.

This means that our criteria may differ from your previous energy supplier. I’m sorry, I can see how frustrating that must be.

I too have been turned down after bulb implying I would qualify. Could have got cheaper elsewhere had I known. Next stop is energy comparison page

I too have been turned down after bulb implying I would qualify. Could have got cheaper elsewhere had I known. Next stop is energy comparison page

I can’t comment on what Bulb may have implied, but does this Bulb document on the Warm Home Discount help: The Warm Home Discount – Bulb

I assume any information supplied to you Bulb would have been in line with this document?

Hi Exeter1969, Every energy supplier can set its own criteria for the Warm Home Discount, based on requirements from Ofgem, the energy regulator.

As it’s our first time providing the Warm Home Discount, we’re currently using Ofgem’s recommended criteria.

This means that our criteria may differ from your previous energy supplier. I’m sorry, I can see how frustrating that must be.

Bulbs criteria for the warm home discount schemes, BROADER GROUP appears to be only available to those who are ALREADY on some sort of benefit!!
What about the vulnerable group on low income??? who don’t qualify for these benefits.

What about the vulnerable group on low income??? who don't qualify for these benefits.

There clearly has to be some qualifying criteria. It can’t get paid to everyone. There has so be some cutoff somewhere.

It seems to me that if you don’t qualify for any other benefits, it’s reasonable to not get this benefit either. Ofgem’s recommended criteria already appear to be rather generous.

ihave tried to contact bulb about my warm homes discount but keep getting cut off befor I can sort it have tried lots of times and still get no answers

Hi @nannyjean ,

How have you tried contacting them? I’ve always used email help@bulb.co.uk and usually got a reply within the same day to 5 days (depending on the importance of the email and backlogs) . I know the ‘live chat’ can be problematic sometimes, but have you tried their telephone number How to get in touch – Bulb ?

I know the 'live chat' can be problematic sometimes

For what it’s worth, I’ve found the livechat to be the most reliable and convenient of all the options.