'We don't have enough data to draw a graph yet'

How much data do you need ??. Gave a meter reading when we moved in and two since. Initial bill way higher than expected and double what we were charged by Bulb at our previous address, hence very suspect actions by Bulb !

Hi @RichardChes - nice to see you back on Community :partying_face:

We need at least a months worth of readings usually before the chart will update- this is because the chart is your monthly use, so a reading from 02 Sept and then 12th Sept isn’t enough at the moment.

You can see all the readings in your Bulb Account however at the bottom of the use chart like this:

As you can see, we are using your meter readings submitted to us so we’ll bill to your actual readings. At the moment your payment amount is based on the information we received when you did a quote with us as well as things like your estimated annual consumption. Once the first bill comes through we’ll have more information about your use and you can take a look at the suggested payment amount and amend it here as needed: Bulb account

– H :bulb:

Being a long term bulb customer I know how Bulb works things !. Once again I’m in a position where Bulb has taken too much money and I’ll probably have to ask for half of it back. We gave the first reading when we got the keys on 4th August and asked to move over to Bulb at this address, that’s over a month.

@RichardChes - The meters only switched to us on 2nd September so we’ll only be using readings from there forwards on the account so a reading from 4th August would have been relevant to your old supplier :blush:

As I mentioned, we take the DD for the first payment based on the info we have from the industry and what you gave us when signing up (e.g. inputting your annual consumption). If this is high, once we bill for the first month and can see how much you use, it can be adjusted down through the Bulb Account

– H :bulb:

So the meter reading your staff asked for on the 4th August is ‘irrelevant’ ?. And as I’ve said and you confirm, you take more money than you should then I have to take action to get it back, plenty of meter readings have been submitted but still no graph etc. Great customer support NOT.

Hi @RichardChes :wave:

I’m not sure why my colleague asked for readings on the 4th August, perhaps that was for your previous property?

Your first statement will be generated on 1st October, and it’ll cover the usage from 2nd September (when you switched) till the 1st October. We’ll then have a month’s worth of your usage and it’ll be displayed in the ‘Energy Usage’ section in your Bulb account.

– Meg :bulb:

2nd October and still no usage graph even though lots of readings submitted over the last 2 months. So you’re now going to take too much money from me using ‘estimates’ while utterly ignoring my readings and how little we used at the previous property. Were on benefits, very poor customer focus !!

4th October STILL NO GRAPH even though over a month after you start providing services and for the second time you take an OVER estimated amount of money from me even though meter readings provided every few days !?!?.

6th October and still no graph. I’m being conned into paying too much !

I have raised this with our product team who have advised it can take 1-2 statements for your usage graph to show. So, unfortunately, we need to wait another month. After your next statement, the graph should be working.

I can see you are submitting regular readings and so your billing to date will be accurate. As long as we have readings from you the monthly statements will be correct.

– KT :bulb:

my gas one has never worked, could you fix mine please, IHD smart readings all work, just the gas usages never been on the graph. Thanks

Hi @richard.evans.home60

Thanks for your post :sunny:

I just looked over your account, as you said the meters are both functioning properly, and we are getting readings through regularly.

I’ve raised this with our product team, but unfortunately the usage graphs are still in beta mode so we don’t quite have a fix for them yet. Hopefully they should be fully functional soon.

Ele :bulb:

1 Like

Thanks for trying though : ) and fingers crossed it just appears one of these days :slight_smile:

Still no usage graph !!. I have no idea what I should be paying. This is very poor customer focus. ‘Beta mode’ ??, do you not know I have been a Bulb customer for years and relied on that graph??. Less of the poor excuses and more results needed !

Hi @RichardChes,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and to hear you still have no usage graph. I can see it is suggested we don’t have enough data for this.

Have you considered a smart meter?

This would solve the graph issues and you would be able to keep up to date with your usage on an In home display. You are eligible and can book here in your Bulb account.

If not, we can raise this with our smart team to look into further for you.

Let me know if you have any q’s

– Daisy :bulb:

Now 2 months since first ‘official’ meter reading and still no usage graph. Just had yet another over ‘estimated’ bill that was incorrect as usual hence claiming we’re in debt. I noticed the over estimated readings on the usage graph page so once again submitted my own correct readings. Now the estimated readings have disappeared but mine aren’t showing over half an hour later ?. I’m also bring charged standing charge for a gas meter THAT IS NOT CONNECTED, previous supplier EDF energy charged NOTHING for the gas meter at all as the readings never changed.

What a load of rubbish Bulb have become, no I’m not happy at all.

AND FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME I AM NOT INTERESTED IN A SMART METER !!

Apologies @RichardChes - Would you like me to add you to the smart meter refusal list? This will then stop any further communications about smart meters.

In terms of your gas meter. Are you able to confirm why this has been stopped? If you are looking to get it removed, you can read more about the process here.

I’m sorry the usage graph is still not showing up for you. I have just dropped our metering team a note to ask them to look into this for you. As soon as I have a response I will let you know

– Daisy :bulb:

Yes add me to the refusal list please !!

The gas meter was capped off for the previous owner when all gas appliances were removed. No we want it to remain so we can install gas appliances at a later date. Shame Bulb charge in this situation but EDF don’t !!

I have got you added to the smart refusal list, and I’ll make a note on the account regarding your plans for gas appliances.

– Meg :bulb: