We need more meter readings to work out your average monthly usage

An interesting situation regarding my “Payments and Statements” page, the following comment has just appeared under “Average monthly usage”

Hmm…

Since my initial opening reading, I have submitted a further 3 monthly readings just prior to the corresponding bill preparation date.

On the basis I have provided regular monthly readings I wonder why more readings are being requested, is this a quirk of the algorithm being used to estimate the annual usage and by inference the average monthly usage.

Weird, the average monthly usage is now showing again,without any action on my part.

More weird, it has reverted back to

Hmm…

@Allanr I have just looked at your account and this message does not seem to be showing any more. Let us know if it changes again and our tech team can have a look into it.

@Allanr I have just looked at your account and this message does not seem to be showing any more. Let us know if it changes again and our tech team can have a look into it.

Mine always flicks between showing it and having that message… Doesn’t really bother me too much that’s why I’ve never raised it… Haven’t worked out a proper pattern for the behaviour, i’ve been with you almost a year so you should have enough info to work out my average usage!