Web Design - Signing In

Can someone from Bulb support please ask the web design team to change the default sign in page to be Bulb account rather than Bulb account . On no other website I have ever signed in on has the default option (i.e. biggest, highlighted button directly below user account email box) be for users who cannot remember their password and the ‘sign in with password’ being the smaller, lower and less obvious link. This results in me frequently clicking to email myself a link to sign in - if the Bulb web design team have any way to track how often those emails are clicked through I am sure it would be fairly low. You have a perfectly well designed sign in page on Bulb account which allows users to autosave passwords via their web browser or type them in each visit whilst still having the option to be emailed help if they cannot remember their password.

@ben1991 Our default sign in is the passwordless option where our members do not need to remember their password. For a lot of our members this works and is their main method they use to sign in.

We implemented this so more of our members are able to sign in as there were historically fewer people able to sign in before the passwordless option.

@Ben1991, @“DanP at Bulb”, personally I think it’s a good thing having the passwordless option as default as it’s more likely to encouage people to use more secure passwords knowing they don’t really have to remember them.

It’s also super handy on mobile.

Personally I’m signed in by password on desktop and magic link on mobile.

I don’t understand how this is ‘better’. The non-standard login means Firefox doesn’t even remember the email address for me and I have to type it out every time I want to log in. Is it possible just to have a normal email/password entry form that browsers recognise and remember?

The non-standard login means Firefox doesn't even remember the email address
I dont understand that issue as I use firefox and never have to type in my password each time. I believe I have it saved but apart from that dont know the technical side of it.
I don't understand how this is 'better'. The non-standard login means Firefox doesn't even remember the email address for me and I have to type it out every time I want to log in. Is it possible just to have a normal email/password entry form that browsers recognise and remember?
The form uses an input type of email and an ID of email so I'm not quite sure why it's not remembered by browsers.
I don't understand how this is 'better'. The non-standard login means Firefox doesn't even remember the email address for me and I have to type it out every time I want to log in. Is it possible just to have a normal email/password entry form that browsers recognise and remember?

My browser is Firefox and normally I don’t have to enter anything to access my account. When it does ask me login Firefox remembers my login details