Web site not accepting Gas meter reading

As per the subject heading.

I can submit an electricity reading fine and it appears on my usage straight away. But whenever I try to submit the gas reading, a message appears stating thanks for the ELECTRICITY reading and nothing gas related appears on my usage.

Help!

@ross8192 Hi Ross, it’s due to a small difference between the electricity and gas industries. Gas readings are required to be validated, electricity readings aren’t. We have received a gas reading from you, they usually take around 3 days to validate, you’ll be able to see it in your MyBulb shortly.

Ok, thanks.

Why does it take too long to validate than electricity?

@alasdair1876 it’s all due to a change in the gas industry called project Nexus. Here’s a blog post about it - https://bulb.co.uk/blog/pro-gas-tination-get-know-project-nexus

Information sent to me from Bulb

This is down to a recent change in the way the gas industry is dealing with readings. Gas readings now go through an industry-wide validation process. Just to check they look okay.

This means it might take a little longer to show up in your account. But don’t worry, we’ve got it.

This change happened after a big update for the gas industry called Project Nexus.

Project Nexus has improved how the industry uses meter readings to estimate the gas consumption of your home and will harmonise how information is shared between parties within the gas industry, particularly suppliers and gas transporters.

We’re currently looking at ways we can tweak our billing system to accommodate for this new validation process to avoid this happening. But as with all changes, it takes time to smooth out the kinks.

@leonard7077 that’s also some good information, thanks for that!

You keep asking me to give you a Reading but when I go into your Website it won’t let me past the signing in page. When I have signed in by another method but go to give a reading it asks me to sign in again but freezes everytime. This happened everytime I go in since I have been a customer. Don’t you want my readings?