Today is a very exciting day for me, because we’re breaking ground on improving the Community. And we want everyone’s input to make sure we do it as best we can and that we don’t inadvertently change anything you especially like.
So, key question:
What would you change about the Community if you could? And what would you keep the same?
To add food for thought, here are some of the things we’re looking to improve:
- Showing relevant content on the Community homepage
- Making it easier for new members to post without having to register first
- Improved registration (especially choosing a display name)
- Showing relevant results when you search (including tying them into our Help Centre)
- a "What You See Is What You Get" editor (i.e. when you Bold text in the editor it will appear Bold, rather than showing code)
- Bulbified notification emails
- A dedicated ideas board
- Better differentiation of Team Bulb from members
- And a bunch of minor bug fixes like the positioning of avatars and page numbers
I’m having a sit down with our Lead User Experience Designer today, and she thinks there is a lot we could do to tidy up and improve. We’ll share wireframes for suggested changes here when they’re ready.
In the meantime, let us know what would you change about the Community if you could, and what would you keep the same. We’ll take those thoughts in and do what we can to address them.