We're installing smart meters again

Hi - why can’t I book a smart meter installation these days? I seem to be fobbed of with “We’ll get back to you when we have a cancellation.” Sorry but customers need a timeline. We could be waiting 6 months or more for all I know. And I understand you are having issues with Siemens you meter installer. Please advise. I really don’t want to have to change supplier yet again…

Hi @t.tuitedalton Thank you for posting, welcome to community :wave:t4:

We are really sorry for keeping you waiting on this. The demand in your area is very high at the moment, and there aren’t any smart meter appointments available right now.

But you’re still on our waiting list. So as soon as an appointment becomes available, we’ll book it for you automatically and we’ll be in touch by email or text with the details.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Thanks very much - just give me a date, that’s all i ask

Putting me on a “waiting list” is just a ruse, as far as I can see as there is zero guarantee as to when I will get an appointment. It is zero commitment from you. You need to sort out your relationship with Siemens - you’re in their hands, and you appear to have upset them.

Hey @t.tuitedalton

We can only book appointments when they are available. I understand it is frustrating and your account is definitely on the waitlist. As soon as we have an available engineer in your area, we will be able to reach out to you.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience.

– Robyn :bulb:

Thanks very much. I use a lot of energy and have just bought an EV so every day of wait costs money!

Are you able to tell me where I stand on the smart meter waiting list? If not, will it be days, weeks or months of waiting? thanks.

Something needs to be done on this urgently! Everyone is being told they need Smart Meters. British Gas installed a bunch of dodgy, cheap meters / displays that broke. Bulb should be able to replace them and inform customers of the charge to do so, and let us choose.

Hi @t.tuitedalton

I’m afraid I don’t have access to that information as it all depends on when our engineering team open up appointments in your area.

I’m sorry I’m not able to give you a timeframe.

I’m afraid that is really unhelpful

Ps I understand that you use a third party so strictly speaking you don’t have any engineers. Am I mistaken? Thanks

Hi @t.tuitedalton

We do outsource our engineers and do not have any engineers employed directly with Bulb.

Is it also true that they no longer want to do business with you?

Please can you give me a time frame now?

I have been trying for years and years to get Bulb to install a smart meter. Everytime I try to book one on the website, It says I already have one installed, I don’t… can’t wait for other energy companies to start taking on new clients, been trying to transfer for past 6 months, so stuck with bulb for the time being…

Been waiting over 5 years… Good luck…