We're trialling double referral rewards for members on their Bulbiversary

In my opinion I like the credit idea. I had already recommended Bulb to most of my family and friends so it was unlikely I would be able to benefit from the extra money for referring a friend. In addition the one week window is too short to convince anyone to switch.

I’ve had a problem with friends liking the idea but either don’t like that I get a kick back (some friends huh?!) or that it will be too much hassle. For the record I have pushed this with about 30 people. No one seems to have bitten. Pretty shocked. Perhaps in the communication you could say about how easy it is to move and how they are not tied in…

So, Bulb put forward a commercially costed, “quid pro quo” scheme which gives us all a gentle, non-obligatory nudge each year to potentially generate some new business for them, in return for which we receive a generous wedge of account credit.

I’m astonunded how some of the previous comments seem to take umbridge with this. If you don’t like it, just carry on as you were folks, and nothing will change. Simple. Fixed it for you :slight_smile:

Bulb, it’s a great idea in my opinion, and long may it continue +1

I'm astonunded how some of the previous comments seem to take umbridge with this. If you don't like it, just carry on as you were folks, and nothing will change. Simple. Fixed it for you :)
People take issue with it because it's not a fair system. It significantly favours specific individuals but is being suggested as a reward to everyone for loyalty.

The same reward should be available to everyone, and as it is right now it’s not.

@mowcius - @“Bill at Bulb” is making sure that everyone will get a Bulbiversary. If you’ve been with us a year already, we’ll catch you up so that you don’t miss out :slight_smile:

@“Eleanor at Bulb”, that’s not the point I was making. Please see the other comments above.

@mowcius - @"Bill at Bulb" is making sure that everyone will get a Bulbiversary. If you've been with us a year already, we'll catch you up so that you don't miss out :)

Eleanor, this scheme will only work if you actually pay out the referral bonus, I have been waiting several weeks for mine and despite phone calls and emails it still has not happened. Caspar told me there was a link broken and it would be fixed but my patience is being stretched.

Eleanor, this scheme will only work if you actually pay out the referral bonus, I have been waiting several weeks for mine and despite phone calls and emails it still has not happened. Caspar told me there was a link broken and it would be fixed but my patience is being stretched.
That seems unusual. I've never had or heard of any issues like this with people having bonuses paid. If there's been any problem with the automated system then they've normally just added it to my account while I was on the phone.

Hey @Pandabear.

I’ve credited both you and your friend with a £50 referral reward. The reason for the delay was that your friend has two accounts which make our referral tracker have a wobble. Sorry about that. We’re fixing it.

As you signed up through USwitch you would not get the referral reward from Bulb. If Uswitch offered some cash back for your switch, this will be validated by Bulb but it takes a little longer.

@mowcius we try to do what is best for our members. Mostly, we get positive feedback about the referral link. We do our best to prevent misuse of the link and caution/remove the link for anyone who breaks our terms and conditions. We understand that it’s not for everyone though.

Hey @Pandabear.

I’ve credited both you and your friend with a £50 referral reward. The reason for the delay was that your friend has two accounts which make our referral tracker have a wobble. Sorry about that. We’re fixing it.

As you signed up through USwitch you would not get the referral reward from Bulb. If Uswitch offered some cash back for your switch, this will be validated by Bulb but it takes a little longer.

@mowcius we try to do what is best for our members. Mostly, we get positive feedback about the referral link. We do our best to prevent misuse of the link and caution/remove the link for anyone who breaks our terms and conditions. We understand that it’s not for everyone though.

many thanks @“Eleanor at Bulb”

I’ve really been trying to refer people because it’s such a good deal. The problem is that everyone I try to refer thinks I’m trying to scam them and the offer of getting £100 runs out at midnight :anguished:

It was a great idea, but terrible timing, as it fell over the half-term holiday, when most of my friends are spending time with their kids (often on holiday) and aren’t going to be looking at researching energy comparisons, so I didn’t get any takers.

In general though, the referral bonus is good, and I’ve had several take-ups in the past. Could you repeat it outside of the school holidays please???

I've really been trying to refer people because it's such a good deal. The problem is that everyone I try to refer thinks I'm trying to scam them and the offer of getting £100 runs out at midnight :anguished:

How can you help @Outflow? What ways have you found to share your links successfully?

It was a great idea, but terrible timing, as it fell over the half-term holiday, when most of my friends are spending time with their kids (often on holiday) and aren't going to be looking at researching energy comparisons, so I didn't get any takers.

In general though, the referral bonus is good, and I’ve had several take-ups in the past. Could you repeat it outside of the school holidays please???

This is a question for @“Bill at Bulb” :slight_smile:

Really like the idea, and have been meaning to refer my girlfriend’s parents for a while so this gave us the incentive to finally do it

Unfortunately after referring them using my link neither of us have been credited with the £100, or received any notification that they signed up using our link (which has happened before when we’ve referred people). Not sure if it’s a glitch with the new system, another thing which I realised may of caused it to be a bit squiffy is that instead of directly copying the link from the email and getting the extended url of bulb.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4834(loads of numbers and text)… I just wrote out the url of bulb.co.uk/refer/(my username) into a group chat which they followed.

Hope you can help! Cheers

Hi @Jon_W - Thanks for your question. Yours should usually be a bit earlier in the year - we wanted to make sure that everyone who was due a Bulbiversary should get one this year. Yours in future will be around July (I know that’s still a holiday, but we aren’t really able to move everyone so massively, we ideally want to keep it quite constant). Best of luck with anyone else you try to get.

@Outflow - That’s a real shame - if they click the link it’s definitely Bulb, and it even says £100 for the week on yours.

@Harry123 - I’ve sent you an email so we can look into this.

I think it’s a generous offer from bulb and understand why it can’t just be credit. My dad had expressed interest a little while ago and I sent him my link, but sent this double reward link to him as I don’t think he ever got round to it.
I second the comment that a week isn’t very long to get people to sign up.

I think it's a generous offer from bulb and understand why it can't just be credit. My dad had expressed interest a little while ago and I sent him my link, but sent this double reward link to him as I don't think he ever got round to it. I second the comment that a week isn't very long to get people to sign up.

I only received an email about my bulbversary on Thursday afternoon and it expires shortly on Tuesday 23.59 so barely get 5 days not a week.

In future could this be a fortnight perhaps? Or at least a full week?

Hi @Ellie257 and @Phillip_PAL - valid points, we’re looking at giving people a week’s notice before it starts in future so that people get a bit more time to utilise it, but we don’t think we’ll be offering a fortnight at this time.

Hi
I seem to have had the same problem as @Harry123 - an acquantance signed up (adamant that he used my link), but I have not had a notification nor credit. He signed up almost 48 hrs ago
Overall, I think it;s a great idea as people perceive green companies as expensive and this is enough to be a real incentive. Not sure how much time everyone got, but I got under 5 days (which included a weekend) - not enough time, perhaps, for folk to think abut changing suppliers?