We've rebuilt our website and sign up page - here's what we've done.

Hi everyone - I’m Ollie, a senior product manager here at Bulb.

My team are responsible for improving the Bulb website and sign up experience. Our job is like building lego and bug hunting B)

For the past 4 months, my team have been focused on rebuilding the Bulb sign up journey. After lots of beta testing, we’ve now rolled it out to the world and we’re super excited to see how it does. If you want to check it out, head over to join.bulb.co.uk.

How is it different to the previous experience?

On the surface, there aren’t any huge changes. When you sign up to Bulb, you’ll pretty much see the same website as you did before, with a few visual tweaks. But underneath there are some major upgrades.

For starters, it’s a lot faster. But we’re not stopping either: we want to reduce loading times even further, hopefully by up to 90%.

We have also rebuilt the journey using our new Pattern Library, which is called Solar [link to Solar site]. This makes the experience more consistent across devices, and means joining Bulb is accessible from the ground up. This is really important to us, as we believe it’s a fundamental right for everyone to have access clean energy.

Finally, we’ve taken the rebuild as an opportunity to weave data into our design decisions. We have rewritten our tracking to be incredibly detailed, but at the same time protecting our users as much as possible. For example, we have taken extra steps to ensure we don’t capture payment details, so you can be sure you aren’t at risk when signing up.

There’s lots more exciting work to be done on the new website, so we will hopefully have a lot more to share soon!

We’re always keen to know what our members think of our website. So if you have any comments or questions, please let us know by commenting below.