What does smart gas meter start off at 100? or 000?

Like many others my gas smart meter isn’t working. I’m still being asked for gas meter readings so figure i add the current gas meter reading to the final old meter reading to keep things in check. Do the new gas meters start of at 000 or 100 does anybody know?

Chris

Like many others my gas smart meter isn't working. I'm still being asked for gas meter readings so figure i add the current gas meter reading to the final old meter reading to keep things in check. Do the new gas meters start of at 000 or 100 does anybody know?

Chris

Many years since I had a change of meter (non smart type), but…

I don’t think you should be adding your new meter reading to your old meter readings this will only confuse the situation for the future The logical thing is to submit your new reading independent of your old meter readings.

Having recently had an old style meter change. I provided a photo of the old meter after disconnection and the new meter before connection. Due to testing the new meter was not at zero.

I don’t know about smart meters.

Like many others my gas smart meter isn't working. I'm still being asked for gas meter readings so figure i add the current gas meter reading to the final old meter reading to keep things in check. Do the new gas meters start of at 000 or 100 does anybody know?

Chris

Many years since I had a change of meter (non smart type), but…

I don’t think you should be adding your new meter reading to your old meter readings this will only confuse the situation for the future The logical thing is to submit your new reading independent of your old meter readings.

The new meter either started at 100 or zero but as my previous reading was 4532 or something it won’t accept a reading of 123 as a meter reading, it is taking them months to sort out the smart meters so without adding on to my last one there’s no way to submit readings that I’m being requested for. I added on one based on starting at zero but think it should have been based on starting at 100 based on bill amount.

You really need to contact the Bulb team direct as they. will give the appropriate advice. I would highly think they will reset your meter readings on their site to enable you to enter your new meter readings.

The new meter either started at 100 or zero but as my previous reading was 4532 or something it won't accept a reading of 123 as a meter reading, it is taking them months to sort out the smart meters so without adding on to my last one there's no way to submit readings that I'm being requested for. I added on one based on starting at zero but think it should have been based on starting at 100 based on bill amount.

They are different meters with different serial numbers, so you’ll have created even more confusion by doing that. I don’t know why anyone would ever think adding the two readings together would be the correct thing to do. You’ve created a meaningless figure that’s no more relevant to anything than adding the mileage of two cars together.

What should have happened is the old meter closed out with the final reading logged by the installer, and the new meter commissioned on your account again with the opening reading logged by the installer. If that hasn’t happened then you can’t submit any readings yet and need to contact Bulb to get them to sort it out.