What is an MPRN and MPAN?

The short version is that it is the unique number for your meters.

What does it stand for?:

MPRN means Meter Point Reference Number. Just like each phone has it’s own unique phone number, so does each meter. For gas meters this is known as the MPRN. Electricity meter numbers are known as MPANs.

An MPAN is a Meter Point Administration Number and just like with MPRN, this is the unique number for your electricity meter.

What is my MPRN and MPAN?

Your MPRN and MPAN can be found on your statements. You will not have an MPRN if you are electricity only.

Do I need to remember my MPRN or MPAN?

Nope. There is no need to note down your MPAN or MPRN. We’ll include the numbers when we send you statements and other documents.

should people keep s note of these numbers somewhere ?

There is no need to note down your MPAN or MPRN. We’ll include the numbers when we send you statements and other documents.

I need the MPRN of my GAS and ELECTRIC service to switch suppliers. You say they are on my bill. I have just received my bill and this is not the case. I am a dual fuel customer. Please advise ASAP so I can switch before the price rise

I need the MPRN of my GAS and ELECTRIC service to switch suppliers. You say they are on my bill. I have just received my bill and this is not the case. I am a dual fuel customer. Please advise ASAP so I can switch before the price rise

I have answered a similar sort of question from you on another thread a couple of minutes . Both these are shown on your bills on pages 3 & 4, see also this page: http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/34/what-is-an-mprn-and-mpan

I’m intrigued why you need these to switch, can you please elaborate?