What’s happening

I have had a smart meter installed and it does not show my gas usage, only electric. I have reported this but nothing has happened. Also, I have heard nothing about my monthly usage as I always did on the 7th of each month. I seem to fallen off their radar. Anyone else had this?

I have had a smart meter installed and it does not show my gas usage, only electric. I have reported this but nothing has happened. Also, I have heard nothing about my monthly usage as I always did on the 7th of each month. I seem to fallen off their radar. Anyone else had this?

Have you checked previous postings on this forum?

Hi Daisymay. I think you mean the In House Display is not showing the gas usage and as very helpful Allanr has asked, have you checked previous postings? There are a lot of us whose IHD does not work irrespective of Bulb proposed corrective actions, your meters are probably working but may well not be communicating with Bulb. It is worth trying to make contact directly with Bulb to either find out or ask for help because it’s doubtful this forum can help other than provide really good moral support.