What to do if your In-Home-Display (IHD) is not working

@“Eleanor at Bulb” Given these IHD issues, in these instances can you confirm if Bulb are actually receiving readings from the smart meters? I was told mine weren’t being read (and I haven’t been updated otherwise) and so now have no way to submit online readings if that’s still the case.

I emailed Bulb last week with the requested information and mine is working again.

1 Like

Had the meter fitted on Wednesday, only showed Gas reading. Thursday, it showed both electricity and gas for 30 mins. Then broke again and just says waiting for data.

Anyhoo, I know you will sort it and you are a great energy company, I am glad I joined and I’m glad you fitted these meters because it saves me having to read them.

Horray, just got back from the shops and my Smart meter is now working, showing both electricity and gas…
I’m well chuffed, it looks great, I can monitor my spending, it relays readings straight to Bulb.
Yep I’m glad I joined Bulb 10 months ago you have been brilliant so far, please keep it up.

Horray, just got back from the shops and my Smart meter is now working, showing both electricity and gas... I'm well chuffed, it looks great, I can monitor my spending, it relays readings straight to Bulb. Yep I'm glad I joined Bulb 10 months ago you have been brilliant so far, please keep it up.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but don’t get too excited! Mine initially didn’t work, Gas only, then it burst into life with Gas and Electric after I reported it. It worked for a few hours, then back to “waiting for current data”. Like that for 24hrs, then started working again. Again works for a few hours, then again back to “waiting for current data”. Working fine this morning, but now again back to Waiting… it’s useless.

Had mine a couple of weeks and I have to say it is c**p.
It starting beeping incessantly last night and today it has randomly frozen on ‘choose language’ and I can’t even switch it off. Compared with friends’ smart meters it really is pathetic.

In house display is what I meant. Not the smart meters. Mine is the black one featured on the Bulb website.

Horray, just got back from the shops and my Smart meter is now working, showing both electricity and gas... I'm well chuffed, it looks great, I can monitor my spending, it relays readings straight to Bulb. Yep I'm glad I joined Bulb 10 months ago you have been brilliant so far, please keep it up.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but don’t get too excited! Mine initially didn’t work, Gas only, then it burst into life with Gas and Electric after I reported it. It worked for a few hours, then back to “waiting for current data”. Like that for 24hrs, then started working again. Again works for a few hours, then again back to “waiting for current data”. Working fine this morning, but now again back to Waiting… it’s useless.

I hear you…still, I love it.

Had mine a couple of weeks and I have to say it is c**p. It starting beeping incessantly last night and today it has randomly frozen on ‘choose language’ and I can’t even switch it off. Compared with friends’ smart meters it really is pathetic.

You compare smart meters?

Gas (only) usage has appeared on my IHD for the first time 11 days after installation. Possibly only coincidence, but this happened at some time during the night the clocks went forward for summer time.

Mine is about to go in the bin! Had a power cut yesterday, now nothing working, won’t sync with either Gas or Electric meters. WiFi connected, but no connection to the meter. What a pile of cr@p.

Gas (only) usage has appeared on my IHD for the first time 11 days after installation. Possibly only coincidence, but this happened at some time during the night the clocks went forward for summer time.

Sadly you can add me to the list of gas-only IHD displays now too. Same situation as you, meters installed 10 days ago, IHD stuck on “waiting for current data” then at some point last night the gas readings started coming through but no electricity.

Out of interest, are those having issues on the WiFi IHD or the one without WiFi?

The model with WiFi in my case.

1 Like

Scrolling through the “Account Information” screens I get to one reading “Waiting for CIN”. I think CIN probably means Customer or Consumer Identification Number. I wonder if this message could be related to the electricity usage not appearing?

Scrolling through the "Account Information" screens I get to one reading "Waiting for CIN". I think CIN probably means Customer or Consumer Identification Number. I wonder if this message could be related to the electricity usage not appearing?

I had wondered the same. Mine also says “Waiting for CIN” in the Account Details section of the IHD. I also have gas information but no electricity.

@“William at Bulb” - Would you mind highlighting to the smart team? Could the two issues be related? No CIN = no electricity info?

I’ve got an electricity CIN of 0000 and my gas says “Waiting for CIN” but I do have both readings on the non-WiFi cad

For anyone else who didn’t know what CIN was:

CIN = Customer Identification Number

Well you were right…it was working for Saturday and Sunday, now Monday morning says waiting for data… annoying is not the word.
Surely these have been tested since December, these problems should be ironed out. Time for a firmware update to solve this issue.

I’m just wondering, if I changed suppliers I would still have the same Smart Meter right? So would the problem persist? I mean is the problem with the equipment or the data being given by the supplier?