What to do if your In-Home-Display (IHD) is not working

Hi @chrismalkinuk

Welcome to the Bulb community :wave:

I’m sorry to hear you are having some issues with your IHD. My colleague has requested a photo of the IHD, have you been able to send this through to him at all yet?

We usually ask members to complete the Bulb fix twice. If the Bulb account fix doesn’t work then it may be a hardware issue, but we can investigate this further once we have received the photo.

Thanks

Nathan

They said they were going to send me an email with where to send the photo but they haven’t

@chrismalkinuk i’ll chase this up for you now :+1:

Hi Chris, my colleague has just sent you an email requesting some more information. Please get back to him when possible and we can investigate the IHD issue further :smiley:

Hi all,

I have just joined the Bulb after moving into the new house. The previous owner (has the smart metre installed) didn’t leave me the IHD. Can Bulb re-issued one to me?
Thanks
Eric

Hey @llp :wave:

Welcome to Community!

Sadly it looks like you have first generation smart meters which were installed by another supplier. We don’t carry stock of these meters types of IHDs as we can’t commission them at this time so we can’t send out a new one.

The good news is we are connected to the meter and receiving regular readings. Your Bulb Account should update in the Energy Use tab to show your daily use as well. :blush:

Hi Holly,

Thanks for the reply. If so, is it I possible to read this from the Bulb app too? I think this is more about the usage which I am more concern.

Regards,
Eric

Hi @llp :wave:

You should be able to see your usage charts under ‘energy usage’ in your Bulb app :relaxed: That’ll help you to monitor your usage.

Any questions, let us know.

Take care,

Niamh :bulb:

Hi

My IHD has not been working since dec 2019!

After a lot of back and forth, my meter has the issue, i am still waiting for the update!

Any update on this Bulb?

Very frustrated!

Hi @pjoshi :wave:

I can see we requested a ‘comms hub reboot’ for you back in December to fix the connectivity issues we were having with your smart meters.

After multiple attempts, the smart network operators weren’t able to reboot your metering setup.

There are a few problems on the smart network that can cause reboots to fail. The network operators and meter manufacturers are working on solutions to these and other connectivity issues right now and will be rolling out fixes as soon as they’re ready.

I understand it is frustrating, but for now, we will need you to continue submitting manual readings.

Cara :bulb:

My recommendation to any looking for smart meters is to avoid! Its more hassle and it worth!!

@pjoshi I’m sorry that this hasn’t been smooth sailing with your smart meter and IHD. The comms hub reboot is something that should resolve the issue but if there are ongoing issues after we’ve attempted this it is a different error. Smart meters are connected to by working with the DCC (they run the network) so we’ll need them to work out the root issue of the error you have and then we’ll be able to get those fixes out to you as @cara_at_bulb mentioned.

We’ll do that automatically as well as soon as they’re ready so fingers crossed they get to the root of the problem soon :crossed_fingers:

But to wait for 1.5 years, that now ridiculous! 6 months I understood but now I am beyond frustrated!

Hi @pjoshi

I understand the frustration entirely. I really wish it were something we could fix from our end, but we’re relying on meter manufacturers and the DCC for these fixes to be developed and rolled out.

If you wanted to raise a complaint about this you can drop an email to complaints@bulb.co.uk, but I’m afraid there’s nothing more we can do right now. We’ll let you know as soon as we do have a fix for the issue you’re having.