WHD payment has any body had payment yet

Has anybody had there warm home discount payment yet

Has anyone been told they are even getting it (broader group) ? Do not think payments are expected till well into the new year , which I find crazy they should sort it before the cold weather not half way + through it

It’s silly isn’t it most other company’s have paid there’s out already

I got told I should receive the payment by end of December (I applied in October)
So hopefully soon

automatic group or the broader group? I applied within hours of it going live for the broader group . I am on ESA Support group so am eligible as it says on the pages now since they amended them and still have not heard if they say I qualify or not yet

Does this Bulb article answer any of the queries with regards to the timing for payment: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001245512-The-Warm-Home-Discount

I get income support I’m not to sure.
I haven’t heard back since I applied so I rang them and they told me I should receive the payment in the next couple weeks so maybe give them a ring?

No it does not explain why they wait till its already cold . I for one hold off on having the heating on because at this point in time I do not know if I can afford it or not . And its been cold these last couple of weeks.

It also does not say when either group will get paid ( just a vague 2 to 3 months after decision ) just that the automatic group should have had a letter by the end of the year

I don’t mind I’ve applied Broader Group
If your application is approved, we’ll pay you the discount 2 to 3 months from the date you applied. We’ll let you know when we’ve finished reviewing your application.
Which could if successful be late Jan or Early Feb 2020 which is as it has been with SP+SSE my previous providers.

Was paid 1st of January last year which was an improvement of March by previous supplier

Not of much help to your situation but this link provides further information for the Broader Group: https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/low-income

It says:

Your electricity supplier decides who can get the discount - check with your supplier to see if you’re eligible and how to apply.

Check with your supplier as early as possible. The number of discounts suppliers can give are limited.

Your electricity supplier will apply the discount to your bill by 31 March 2020.