When can I get my Smart Meters?

When can I get my Smart Meters? How do I request this and track the request?

When can I get my Smart Meters? How do I request this and track the request?

Please see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232872-When-will-Bulb-roll-out-smart-meters-

Can I assume you haven’t read the numerous posts on this forum regarding smart meters?

What a very unhelpful and rather arrogant reply. It is a perfectly good question and one that Bulb seems incapable of actually answering or can but refuses to do so. I “registered” to be on the smart meter list a year ago and my applications was neither acknowledged nor has there been any communicatiuon whatsoever from Bulb about it since.

@AVC

I’m a customer as are most people who respond on this forum.

I would assume the OP is well able to respond for themselves whether my comments were helpful or not?

The link I provided shows how to request a smart meter.

Reading the posts on the forum would assist to make up their mind as to whether at present it would be worthwhile requesting a smart meter due to the varuois issues which have been reported.

If I can turn it around what response can you give to the OP?

if you read my comment you will find that I have, in fact, responded to the OP - whatever that it. A “community” is absolutely lovely and very modern. We all love to belong and to chat endlessly on a variety of social media. However I for one fail to see the point of endlessly discussing something - in this case the topic of when we are going to be offered smart meters by Bulb - if Bulb completely ignore to concerns of the "community: a group made up, one assumes, of its own customers.

@AVC

The question by the OP was “When can I get my Smart Meters? How do I request this and track the request?”

I respectfully mention that you did not answer the question but gave your personal experience that you registered 12 month ago for a smart meter and had no response from Bulb since then. But still no advice as to how to register.