When did my account start?

Hi I moved into a new house a few months ago and signed up to bulb for both the gas and electricity. We recently had a bill from eon that covers 29th August to 26th September even though we didn’t move into this property until the 8th of September. How do I find out when bulb began covering our gas and electricity in order to make sure we don’t pay eon’s bill unnecessarily?

You should be able to find out from your statements. Also you would have received an email from Bulb stating when they will take over.
That apart contact Bulb (mon-fri) and they can confirm.
All final/start readings are sent to a 3rd party for verification to ensure there is no overlap in payments.

Hi I moved into a new house a few months ago and signed up to bulb for both the gas and electricity. We recently had a bill from eon that covers 29th August to 26th September even though we didn't move into this property until the 8th of September. How do I find out when bulb began covering our gas and electricity in order to make sure we don't pay eon's bill unnecessarily?

This is precisely the reason I always recommend settling up with the existing supplier when moving into a new property before starting a switch to your preferred supplier.

You became liable for paying for energy usage at the property from the day you signed the rental agreement or exchanged contracts if purchasing. On this day EOn will have still been the supplier. The switch to Bulb happened on whatever date Bulb gave you for the switch. This will have been in your opening email when you signed up.

It sounds like you have a dispute with EOn as to when you became responsible for the payments. I’m guessing the previous owner/occupier gave their final readings dated 29th August, even though you didn’t move in until 8th September. As to what they are responsible for, and what you are responsible for, depends on the date contracts were signed.

In summary:

1. What was the date on the contract for when you took responsibility for the property? Even if you didn’t move in until a week or more later, that doesn’t matter. Your paperwork will have the date you took responsibility.
  2. If the previous owner/occupier hasn’t paid up to this date, then you have a dispute with them.
  3. You owe EOn up to the switch date you were given in your Bulb paperwork.

Thank you this is incredibly helpful!