When does the price increase appear on the prepayment meters

When does the price increase appear on the prepayment meters the price goes up on the 18th of October so when will the price increase appear on my meter.

When they send you a new preprogrammed key/card the increases can’t be done remotely
the price increase is a fraction more than on the confirmation letter.
the new price on the meter will include VAT, that is why it is slightly more.

Ok on my prepayment meter the price increase was on the meter they must have put it on the key to kick in at 12.00 mid night 19th of October so it has worked ok but the price increase is a fraction more than on the confirmation letter the increase also shows on my Tariff screen on the website that is the same amount as what is on the key.

Vat shown on meter and screen but probably not on letter, that would just show the actual price increase of your leccy(no need to show VAT on letter as that has not changed)

Hi @cherryp47 & @skippy64

Whilst it is true we can’t reconfigure the meter remotely, we can when members use their current key to top-up as a Paypoint/Payzone terminal. As such, when our prepay members top-up for the first time from 18/10/20 after our price change that’ll also reconfigure the meter to have the new rates. I hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like