When will I receive a final bill from Bulb?

Switched to new supplier about a week ago, in credit with bulb and could do with a refund asap really as I know final bill shudnt be a lot, how long does this normally take? Thanks.

Switched to new supplier about a week ago, in credit with bulb and could do with a refund asap really as I know final bill shudnt be a lot, how long does this normally take? Thanks.

Could be up to six weeks, please see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360016075911-How-do-I-leave-Bulb-

Up to Six weeks?! Really that long? I’m hoping it wont be that long as I’m in credit…

It could be a lot quicker (I believe, once the 21 day switch period is complete, you could theoretically have the refund in your bank account within 4 days). However, that relies on your new supplier being quick to send the reading to the ‘third party independent meter verification company’ (who coordinates switches). Then that 3rd party company being quick to sent them to Bulb (by sounds of things, they are very slow at sending closing reads to any supplier). And the Bulb getting that reading, producing your final bill and then sending the credit to the banking system (which takes a minimum of 3 business days if Bulb gets it in the queue before 3/4pm).

@AlexRyan What Allanr and RichyB have said is correct, As a rule of thumb, most final bills get generated about 3-4 weeks after the switch but feel free to chase this with us if you don’t receive anything. Regarding the refunds it will automatically be processed if you’ve left your DD active on the account.

Ive now had my final bill, im in credit, it says it could take upto 2 weeks for Bulb to refund this, any chance this can be done asap please?

Hi @AlexRyan,

It’s probably already enroute but it takes time to work through the bank system - the absolute quickest a BACS payment (or ‘reverse direct debit’) can take is three days (and that relies on timing to be ‘just right’) - but if it corresponds with bank holidays or weekends, it can take longer - hence why Bulb say ‘up to 2 weeks’ to allow for that.