When will I receive my £50 credit?

I became a Bulb customer on 19 May. It is now 19 June and the £50 credit I should have received is not showing up anywhere. According to the marketing spiel it should be received within 21 days of becoming a customer.

I became a Bulb customer on 19 May. It is now 19 June and the £50 credit I should have received is not showing up anywhere. According to the marketing spiel it should be received within 21 days of becoming a customer.

An obvious question, did you use Friends referral link when you joined Bulb?

I forgot as it was a while between me being sent the link and signing up, but I immediately realised my mistake and contacted hello@bulb who told me they’d make sure it went on my account.

I forgot as it was a while between me being sent the link and signing up, but I immediately realised my mistake and contacted hello@bulb who told me they'd make sure it went on my account.

In which case I would contact Bulb again to see why it hasn’t been credited. Currently you are on a public customer forum where none of us fellow customers will be able to assist you.

I noticed someone else had a query answered on here by a member of staff, hence why I posted here.

I noticed someone else had a query answered on here by a member of staff, hence why I posted here.

Bulb employees do answer queries on this forum but can be sporadic. At the end of the day you will still need to contact Bulb direct as they will require details of which link you used.

@Allanr thanks for getting in touch - I’ve just checked and it looks like you’ve received the credit now - you can see it on your account here, under ‘Payments and Statements’: https://account.bulb.co.uk/login

@Allanr thanks for getting in touch - I've just checked and it looks like you've received the credit now - you can see it on your account here, under 'Payments and Statements': https://account.bulb.co.uk/login

I’m extremely pleased to see I’m going to get £50 credit, but I sincerely hope @MitchT will receive my non-entitlement? =) =)

Why haven’t I received my£50 into my bank as was told . No one has been in touchpl call me

Why haven't I received my£50 into my bank as was told . No one has been in touchpl call me

You are on a public Community forum, Click the Help button and you will find the contact details for the Bulb team.

Otherwise I have no idea why you haven’t received your £50.

I received my first £50 credit via TransferWise however I’m still waiting for my other £50 also I have another two which I have referred which should be completed in the next days. My second referral I received the email from bulb stating transfer wise will email me in the next 2 days that was on the 26/11/2019 but I still haven’t received an email from them yet. Is there anyway I can get an update on this?