When will I receive my final bill from Bulb?

I left bulb on 16 October and my account was in credit and I am still waiting for my final bill and refund why is it taking so long my normal bill date is the 1st of the month?

Hi @L_izzy123 ,

Just like the fact it can take 6 weeks for somebody to switch to Bulb from another supplier before they get their old supplier’s final bill, it can also take up to 6 weeks when somebody leaves Bulb ( see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360016075911-How-do-I-leave-Bulb- ). This is because the new supplier has to get the opening meter reads, enter in their system, send them to the ‘independent third party company’ who co-ordinates switches, they’ve then got to ‘validate’ the readings (I’ve got no idea what they do for this and how it sometimes takes them several weeks to do it!) and then they are passed on to your old supplier (Bulb in this case) who has got to raise the final bill and then instruct the bank to refund you the money (which takes at least 3 days).

If you are approaching the 6 weeks since switching mark (it’s only been around 2 weeks), it’ll be worth just dropping your new supplier and/or Bulb an email (see https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- ) just to try and prompt that third party company into action.

@L_izzy123 We are waiting on the closing read from your new supplier. It normally can take a few weeks to come through to us so nothing out of the ordinary at the moment :slight_smile: We will send the final bill as soon as we have it.

I am in the same situation. Frankly this is a disappointing situation in the 21st century when I have switched to an app only supplier and the readings that I have supplied are already showing in the app.

I am in the same situation. Frankly this is a disappointing situation in the 21st century when I have switched to an app only supplier and the readings that I have supplied are already showing in the app.

This discussion paper from OFGEM is about 5 years old so nothing seems to have changed in the meanwhile, but it looks as if smart meters could be the answer to a quicker turnround in closing bill production.