When will my Smart meter be upgraded?

Hi
The Bulb website says there was intention to have older Smart meters updated by summer 2021 but mine is still not Smart (I believe it was originally installed by previous supplier/homeowner and is not branded ‘Secure’)

When can I expect it to be SmartV2 please? My postcode is KT5 8**.

Thanks

Hi @surbitonflyer

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to community :wave:t4:

Originally with the first generation smart meters ( SMETS1) only the energy company who had installed this could retrieve your meter readings. As we update the details throughout the years we were eventually able to enroll some meters to the DCC network. So this means upgrading, improving security and saving the industry many millions of pounds a year.

The government has put in place a programme to move first-generation meters onto this network, giving old meters the same benefits as new meters.

After reviewing your account it doesn’t seem to look like your meter was ever enrolled to the dcc network. May I ask if you were you connected to smart with British gas and were your readings coming through?

–Suki :hibiscus:

Hi @Suki_at_Bulb and Bulb team. When I moved into the property it was already connected with Bulb and I decided to stay with you. The previous owner presumably made the switch but I don’t know who from.

What can I do to get my property on a list for smart meter update/upgrade please? Thanks

Hi @surbitonflyer :wave:

We have recently been upgrading the way we communicate with your type of meter (1st generation smart meter) and we will automatically look to upgrade your meter when we can. This upgrade will bring the meter in line with the newer generation of smart meter.

Unfortunately, we do not have a time frame for when this will be possible, however as soon as it is we will work to get your meter upgraded. There is nothing you need to do on your end regarding this.

If you have any further questions please let me know below :point_down:

Best,
Luke :bulb: