Where does one input a meter reading?

I keep getting emails from Bulb asking for my first meter reading, I click on the link in the email I have received. It takes me to a community page. There is no where to input readings. I’ve emailed help and support and received no help. Now I have another email titles “we really need your meter reading” with the same link taking me to this community page… this is ridiculous, beginning to regret going with “Bulb” if this is a sign of things to come.

I keep getting emails from Bulb asking for my first meter reading, I click on the link in the email I have received. It takes me to a community page. There is no where to input readings. I've emailed help and support and received no help. Now I have another email titles "we really need your meter reading" with the same link taking me to this community page.. this is ridiculous, beginning to regret going with "Bulb" if this is a sign of things to come.

Hi

If you click the Help button do you see a “Sign in” button?

I have the exact same problem and yes, i am signed into the website but as the OP says all I have are options to see the community forums, what is going on?!

I have the exact same problem and yes, i am signed into the website but as the OP says all I have are options to see the community forums, what is going on?!

What happens if you click this link https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard ?

Me the same getting very frustrating!!!

There is no option to submit meter reading, just keep going round in circles!!!

Also have same problem I am signed in but only have option to contact community NOT submit meter reads. Poor start again Bulb.

If you click the link I gave above what do you see?

Allanr all I get with the link is the same option saying you are signed in and a box to click on saying go to the community. So here I am. Tried phone app and this has errors too. Cant get info there. I have used Bulb before at another address.

my https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard only shows go to community no other info not much of a dashboard. it doesnt dash and im bored.

my https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard only shows go to community no other info not much of a dashboard. it doesnt dash and im bored.

To stop you being bored, doesn’t it show something like:

yes, this is what it show, go in and I end up on the community page, going round in circles. there is nowhere to put in a meter reading

yes, this is what it show, go in and I end up on the community page, going round in circles. there is nowhere to put in a meter reading

I’m just another customer and sorry to see you are still having problems. So that I understand it better when you get to the page shown in my screen short and enter your email address and password it then takes you back to the community page, is that correct?

Ditto here, there is nowhere to enter meter readings - pretty sure it used to be on the usage page? Maybe it’s been removed since having a smart meter install?

My only problem now is that I will need to enter readings for FIT payments after transferring to Bulb and there doesn’t appear to be anywhere to do this…sad times :frowning:

Hi @KeithHolland,

I’ve replied to you individually by email but this was a specific issue with your account. Occasionally if you’ve been with us before or had a switch to us cancelled you will then have two accounts when you join us which can makes things a tad confusing when logging in.

@barnesmike7497 this was the same for you. I’ve removed the email from the initial account so now, you should both be able to log in.

@“Oisin at Bulb” You probably ought to have some cron jobs or other automated testing running to flag issues like this before a customer has to contact you and ask about problems. I’m sure by now you must have a list of known common problems that could be checked for automatically on a nightly job. The number of customers posting on here with the same problem is rather embarrassing for Bulb.

Hi @Hooloovoo,

I’ve been in conversation with our tech team this morning about the issue. We believe it may occur when members have multiple accounts - with the first one being closed/cancelled, and the second account requiring a log in reset.

The standard procedure should be a magic link that resets their password, but in some cases members are finding themselves stuck in a loop that only takes them to Community - hence why we’re seeing high inflow here.

If you see anymore cases of this in future, please could you tag me in the post? We’re wanting as many examples as possible.

I have SMETS2 meters fitted by British Gas last August. When I switched I had the same issue. There was no where to input meter readings when they should have been going through automatically. 3 months on the smart meter readings are still not showing on my account, so I’m submitting them via a phonecall. Although my bills are then estimated, I can see my estimate and my reading on my account dashboard and I’m happy that my bills are accurate. A minor inconvenience and I’m quite happy with after appalling customer service from British Gas where it took over 5 months to get readings from my meter and dozens of false promises.

I left British gas after there prices kept being hiked up

How bizarre because I can sign in from the web and go to the app to submit my readings