Which rate is which???

My meter has two rates (R1 and R2)
I am seeing conflicting info as to which is Day rate and which is Night rate
Can you help?
Thanks!

@Esstabelka, the easiest way to check this is to see which one’s going up in the day time. As Bulb won’t be responding to this until Monday, I’d take a few readings a few hours apart between about 09:00 and 22:00 (which will definitely be within daytime use on your meter) tomorrow and it should then be clear which way round they are.

It does depend on the meter (and sometimes how they’ve been wired) so seeing which reading goes up during the day really is the easiest way to work it out.

While you’re at it, make sure your meter clock is set to the right time. There have been a few discussions about this recently and if it happens to be out and you’re scheduling electricity use for your night-time tariff, you could be inadvertantly using more expensive power when the meter hasn’t yet switched to the night time rate.

@Esstabelka

Day - 0700-2400
Night - 0000-0700

This is based on the time on your meter, but most meters clocks are close to being accurate or maybe a few minutes out either side.

You can check which meter moves during these times to see which one is day and night or just check your previous supplier’s bill, they usually have it correct (…usually)

Thank you for the weekend cover @mowcius

Cheers,
Rob