Who is the third party that has apparently given bulb a updated assessment of my bill??????

Who is the third party that has apparently given bulb a updated assessment of my bill???

Who is the third party that has apparently given bulb a updated assessment of my bill??????

Some light reading on this aspect is in this Bulb article: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360018799871-How-do-meter-validation-companies-approve-my-meter-readings-

However it doesn’t specifically answer your query about who is the third party.

For now I’m OK, but if things were not good, I will try the following.
Take your year total usige from the bill, or monthly usage X 12 to get some idea of yearly usage, then do the rounds for quotes, including bulb as if a new applicant. Gather the information, tell bulb if they have it wrong and put to them your findings, …It’s nice to have some facts to use…It’s all a bother I know.

@Chris3

I believe @FinnWillow4679 was asking for information on the third party who validates the meter readings and estimated energy use?

Heya @FinnWillow4679

The third party are called Elexon.

We appreciate it’s frustrating when meter readings are changed by the regulator. Bulb, along with all other energy companies, are required by Ofgem to have meter readings validated first.

If you meter readings fall outside the range set by Elexon, we are required to use the estimations.

However, if you think the meter readings are not correct, we can dispute your opening reading with your previous supplier.