who needs to be contacted regarding a gas meter being moved during a renovation?

Does anybody have any idea who needs to be contacted regarding a gas meter being moved during a renovation? If anyone has done this, please can you provide some advice on the process and cost involved.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

@KevElvster_1

Typically you should contact your Energy provider, which, i assume is Bulb, however, you will need to contact directly and not through the forums as it is mainly a point for bulb customers to discuss and communicate and not a point of contact for customer to Bulb.

I had my grandparents meter moved from under the stairs, but was with another provider, they sent out someone to review the position and detail the restriction on place due to legal restriction. There is a charge and I have never heard of this being completed for free, there maybe some grant funds available for certain individual circumstances. If you don’t know of any, your local citizens advice has resources to find grants you might be eligible to receive, but again subject to certain criteria.

Thank you for the advice, I will contact Bulb directly