Who owns Bulb?

Last year I switched to Bulb from another mainstream green energy provider when they put their prices up for the third time in two years. I have since read that Bulb is at least part owned by a Russian oligarch. The alarm bells are ringing. Is there more to Bulb’s low prices and financial losses?

I have since read that Bulb is at least part owned by a Russian oligarch.

Whar authoritative source gave this information?

You can check out details of who owns Bulb via Companies House site.

Also see: https://bulb.co.uk/blog/bulb-60m-investment-round

Not sure you’d call British press ‘authoritative’ but it’s out there in heaps…

Don’t get me wrong, I love what Bulb is doing - really shaking up the energy market and in particular on the renewables front. It’s just interesting to know what’s going on down the corridor.

Do you have a link for the story that someone specific has invested in Bulb or is this just what the shoeshine man said?

I would have thought that Russian money is probably all over the place anyway. Anyone Russian with a few quid usually wants to invest it in anything anywhere, just as long as it’s not in Russia so their government couldn’t ever get their hands on it!

Do you have a link for the story that someone specific has invested in Bulb or is this just what the shoeshine man said?

I’m not entirely sure I understand what you mean.

@Oldgustaf they are simply asking whether you have tangible proof for your claims or not.

@Oldgustaf they are simply asking whether you have tangible proof for your claims or not.

The OP said he had read rather than had proof. and in one of the links provided it said: “The investment comes from two new backers, Russian billionaire Yuri Milner’s DST Global…”

Apologies, I missed that.

As I said, Russian money is all over the place. I don’t really see the issue.

From what I know, they’re usually only interested in parking their money outside of Russia, not everyone Russian is part of Putin’s mob, in fact many are keen to get their money out of Russia because it’s potentially under threat there. Although making a big profit at the same time isn’t a problem too.

Are we saying that Bulb should turn down investment because it comes from someone who happens to be Russian?