Wholesale gas prices at a low - vari fare tariff reduction ?

Hi
Wholesale gas prices at lowest for a few years, and been trending down for several months. following the vari fare tariff rise in september 2018 c an we expect a corresponding tariff reduction in the near future?.

It really feels like there should be one with many energy providers having better priced tarrifs including BG.

Prices have been low for a while now and although we appreciate prices are turbulent at times, I cant see why these savings havent been passed on when it is brought in advance and it’s been so long.

I could be wrong but it did cross my mind that prices arent being reduced due to the mess that’s been made of implementing smart meters which isnt the customers fault.

@Shaun_C_01 Which suppliers have you seen that are better, i regularly check but haven’t found any.

I wouldn’t use the word “better” but maybe “cheaper”.
Any price comparison site will show lots of cheaper suppliers. You do need to remember to select suppliers that don’t offer the site commission. (This option is required by law).

Hi Paul,

Tomayto tomahto :).

Darryl, I got an email from the mse electricity club with an alert I must have set up prior to joining bulb and it had numerous companies on there.

Personally I have generally been happy with Bulb and am totally onboard with the variable pricing I signed up for. This is as long as it is fair and transparent but do feel that only the previous small token reduction does not seem to reflect the true cost of providing energy which is shown by other providers being able to do it for £150 plus a year cheaper.

As stated previously, I wonder if the smart meter roll out issues have impacted Bulbs ability to pass on price cuts in line with cost price reductions as we buy our energy in advance. If this is the case then it doesnt seem fair to burden customers with the costs of these mistakes ?

Hi Paul,

Tomayto tomahto :).

Darryl, I got an email from the mse electricity club with an alert I must have set up prior to joining bulb and it had numerous companies on there.

Personally I have generally been happy with Bulb and am totally onboard with the variable pricing I signed up for. This is as long as it is fair and transparent but do feel that only the previous small token reduction does not seem to reflect the true cost of providing energy which is shown by other providers being able to do it for £150 plus a year cheaper.

As stated previously, I wonder if the smart meter roll out issues have impacted Bulbs ability to pass on price cuts in line with cost price reductions as we buy our energy in advance. If this is the case then it doesnt seem fair to burden customers with the costs of these mistakes ?
Yes Paul good point, And I think Bulb energy should take this on board and take a look at what there competitors will be charging they may well find that direct debit customer’s on standard rate could well be better of switching to another supplier.

Sorry, I should also say that prices are not the lowest they have been for years. Some prices are, but the critical prices for this winter are higher than they were a year ago. I suspect this is because the UK have little storage facilities now. Cheap Gas in August isn’t much use!