Why am I always paying estermate bills

Hello, I am 62 years old and works only partime, 3 days a week for a charity. My income is not very high, and I come to realise that I am paying more then I am using. I have been giving readings, most of the time but still have to pay the same amount.
I am really struggling at the moment, with the amount I have to pay.

There are two issues here, the amount you are billed on your statement and the amount that you pay from your bank account.

The second issue is easy, you’re supposed to be paying the same amount each month, that’s how the system works. For more information, see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-payments-and-statements-work-

Regarding the meter readings, perhaps you’re not submitting them at the right time? You have only a 2 day window to submit your readings in order for them to appear on your statement. You should be getting reminder emails telling you exactly when to submit your readings. If you do them at some other time then it wont work. If that’s not the problem, then it might be that your readings are for some reason a long way off the estimated value and they’re being rejected. If that’s happening you’ll need to discuss the problem with Bulb.

You have only a 2 day window to submit your readings in order for them to appear on your statement. You should be getting reminder emails telling you exactly when to submit your readings. If you do them at some other time then it wont work.

Just by way of clarity, if you supply a meter during the month covered by the statement but prior to the window they will appear on your statement. If they are supplied prior to the window it will still make any estimated reading more accurate.

Just by way of clarity, if you supply a meter during the month covered by the statement but prior to the window they will appear on your statement. If they are supplied prior to the window it will still make any estimated reading more accurate.

Good to know. A lot of people on here seem to be having trouble getting any readings to appear on the statement at all no matter what time they’re given.

Good to know. A lot of people on here seem to be having trouble getting any readings to appear on the statement at all no matter what time they’re given.

Perhaps I’m one of the lucky ones in that my readings always appear on my statement during my 18 or so months with Bulb.

This is an extract from a statement from some months ago when I had to give an early reading due to me being away on holidays during the 2 day window:

Hiya, can I pay £60 per month instead of £70.
When I checked my account, I seem to understand that my avridge mount I use is £57, and I believe I have built up some credit over the months.

Hiya, can I pay £60 per month instead of £70. When I checked my account, I seem to understand that my avridge mount I use is £57, and I believe I have built up some credit over the months.

On your account dashboard there is a green box Account settings you can change the amount on that page.

Thank you