Why am I being asked for readings with a smart meter

Hi, I arranged for you to install a smart meter a while ago, mainly so I don’t have to be perpetually sending readings. This last week or so I have been receiving emails asking me to do just that, and a bill saying my balance was estimated. Am I missing something? I thought that was the point of a smart meter?
Thanks

I have had a smart meter for 4 months and I am doing more manual readings now then I ever did before.

If you look at “Energy Usage” on the Bulb website in your account, you will see a table of the meter readings. If there are none with smart in the “Input Type” column then Bulb are not receiving data from your smart meter. This is the most likely reason.

PS don’t expect Bulb to tell you but you could try an email or phone. Problem is you just get bounced off first line support.

I would do the manual readings BTW.

I have had a smart meter for 4 months and I am doing more manual readings now then I ever did before.

If you look at “Energy Usage” on the Bulb website in your account, you will see a table of the meter readings. If there are none with smart in the “Input Type” column then Bulb are not receiving data from your smart meter. This is the most likely reason.

PS don’t expect Bulb to tell you but you could try an email or phone. Problem is you just get bounced off first line support.

I would do the manual readings BTW.

Thanks for the reply, DrB! Sadly my electricity meter isn’t even displaying the reading :(. Nothing happens when I press the button. I assume this means alllllll my power is free now…

Hey ho! So that was all very worth taking a day off work & staying in to have the meters changed!

Come on Bulb, sort these problems out. When I first joined them, they were stating that they wouldn’t be offering SMART Meters until the technology was working and proven. Well, I’ve been waiting since April 10 and mine still don’t work.

Sadly this is part of the fiasco. I suspect Bulb are at the mercy of the meter installers, who are not commissioning the meters properly (with a friendly, “don’t worry - it’ll sort itself out in 24 hours” as they zoom out of the door), and whoever is providing the data network stuff. However, Bulb is getting (over)paid by me every month to run my utility service, so it is they that need to resolve the problem. I still cannot submit elec readings as their old meter reading is still the previous one and, despite sending the requested photos, you can’t actually enter the new meter ones, hence you get (over)estimated readings. Many calls, chats and emails already sent.