Why am I not eligible for the Warm Home Discount?

Hi

I have just filled in the Warm Winter Discount application
To my surprise - I find that here at BULB I am NOT eligible !

Every other Gas and Elec supplier I have been with has approved my application
My age and low income satisfy all the other suppliers I have been with since the year 2000 !

What has changed here at Bulb?? why am I no longer eligible for the discount ??

Please advise what to do - I will be 65 in DECMEBER my income will be below £10k a year - I receive no benefits at all

Thanks

@willree23

Please, please don’t post your personal details on this public forum as it can be seen by many. I can only suggest you edit out your personal circumstance, you can do this by clicking on the cog wheel showing against your post, select Edit?

Honestly you need to contact the Bulb team direct during their working hours, their details are via this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- they should be able to say why you didn’t meet the necessary criteria.

Hi @willree23.

The Core Group is made up of pensioners who receive the Guarantee Element of Pension Credit.

Their details are supplied to us by the Department for Work and Pensions. If you think you are part of the Core Group, you will need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions. Their Warm Home Discount Hotline is 0800 731 0214, and is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.