Why are bulb objecting to my switch?

I joined bulb thinking theyd be cheaper than my previous supplier but it turns out theyre not.

My account is £72 in debit so I topped it up by £72 (which is still pending) and tried to switch to another supplier. I received an email today from the new supplier saying “your current provider is objecting to switching your gas.” I have checked the meter numbers match and they do so this isn’t the issue.

I want to leave as the new supplier is considerably cheaper and it’s a fixed rate tariff.

Thanks.

Have you thought about asking this question to Bulb direct? You have posted on a community forum

Have you thought about asking this question to Bulb direct? You have posted on a community forum

I have but they’re closed.

Also, everyone else seems to get help on here

Also, everyone else seems to get help on here

Us fellow customers can help with generic problems, but specific account issues such as why a switch has been blocked will have to be dealt with by Bulb directly - we obviously can’t see your account details!

Out of interest, what are your new unit rates and standing charges compared to what you’re paying with Bulb? I find it hard to believe you’ve found a cheaper fixed rate. You’re not relying on a prediction for the monthly direct debit are you?

My fancy new energy company can supply you with gas an electricity for just £10 per month! Sure you’ll be massively in debt to me 12 months from now, but hey the monthly rate is low so it must be cheaper, right?

@vikixc

Unfortunately it is only a Bulb employee who will be able to assist with your query as they have access to the necessary information.

You are quite correct this is a forum for helping fellow customers but specific account type queries are best dealt with by Bulb direct. None of us fellow customers will know why Bulb objected to your switch.