Why are Bulb using estimated meter readings?

Even though I am sending monthly readings, I’m a new customer and want to get an idea of usage, my electric is always estimated higher than the actual reading. I spoke to Bulb and they said it wouldn’t happen again, but statement today is estimated for electric, Gas is always Customer reading. Anyone else have this problem?

Are you sending your readings in on time, a couple of days before dd is due, Bulb normally send a reminder email for the readings which is when I send mine in.

I’m also a newish customer having a similar problem with estimated electricity projections. Heating/cooking is gas, so the electricity remains helpfully constant:

Month 1 with reading: £38
Month 2 with reading: £39
Month 3 with reading: £38
Month 4 with reading: £40
Month 5 reading given a couple of days earlier: £38 + Bulb estimated an extra £90 for the remaining two days. It doesn’t inspire much confidence in their future projections of my energy usage (~£1350/month at those rates)

Month 5 reading given a couple of days earlier: £38 + Bulb estimated an extra £90 for the remaining two days. It doesn't inspire much confidence in their future projections of my energy usage (~£1350/month at those rates)

Can you please clarify the month 5 situation?

Ignoring the actual £ figures (although important) and purely looking at the meter readings.

What was the difference between your actual readings for month 4 and month 5, and how many units did Bulb add on for the extra two days?

19 Oct 18 Electricity Customer 48044
18 Oct 18 Electricity Estimated 48099
14 Oct 18 Electricity Customer 48032
15 Sep 18 Electricity Customer 47892
15 Aug 18 Electricity Customer 47676

@SteveWBT

Thanks, definitely something gone amiss with the estimated reading. I would have thought the algorithm used by Bulb would be based on a straight line, in which case an estimated read of about 48039 would be more realistic.

I’ve only ever had one occasion where estimated reading was used due to a holiday period and the amount added to my actual reading was quite reasonable.

@Spotjack The estimated readings that appear on your bill are based on the last reading you submitted, combined with the monthly expectation of your energy usage.

If the expectation for how much energy you’ll use each month isn’t accurate, the estimates on the bills aren’t likely to be accurate.

The best way to ensure accurate bills is to submit readings for the next couple of months, and then the expectations for your property will update and become more accurate to your usage. We don’t control these figures, a third party do, and they update based on the readings.

@SteveWBT We sent a corrected bill to you on the 14th of September which covered a couple of months usage. Are you able to check those readings, they do look in line with your consumption.