Why do Bulb lie to fraudulently get customers?

I used a friends referral link in good faith for £50 credit on joining. Only after the switch has completed Bulb have decided to lie and claim I am a previous customer to deny me this £50. I’m shocked that you would do this and pretty disgusted

Part of the referral t and cs is a customer can not have been a customer in the last 12 months to get the bonus.

I don’t really see how this is lying. Your email must have been on file somewhere or the property has been previously supplied by bulb.

Dreadful company

Bulb are still a decent company in my experience. No issues apart from call waiting times getting slightly longer and I’ve done well out of refer a friend. Although I do not have a smart meter the rollout has been terrible. Don’t ask me to get a smart meter!!!

@Maria51 I don’t take people calling me an idiot lightly.

And I especially dont take very well you calling me a con merchant.

If you are adamant you or your property has never signed up to bulb, maybe you should communicate through the official help channels to the bulb team directly.

Details are on the help page.

If you’re rude, you tend to get snarky responses back…

@Maria51 I don't take people calling me an idiot lightly.

And I especially dont take very well you calling me a con merchant.

If you are adamant you or your property has never signed up to bulb, maybe you should communicate through the official help channels to the bulb team directly.

Details are on the help page.

If you’re rude, you tend to get snarky responses back…

Why on earth do you think I wrote on the discussion page? Wasn’t expecting a troll like you here. Was in fact expecting a decent response and not having someone think they know my situation better than me. Oh and try and read properly will you. I never called you a con merchant. Please stay off this page will you. People come here actually looking for help in a difficult situation.

@Maria51 you seriously think I’m a troll? I’ve been on this forum supporting other customers for 18 months at least.

But us fellow customers can’t access your account, nor can we work put why something has happened to your account, most likely due to an administrative error.

I’m not going anywhere, it is not I being rude. It is you.

As far I’m concerned I’ve had absolutely no problems with bulb or the referral process.

Also, you never addressed my second initial point, I was making a point, have you moved into a property recently? If you have the referral scheme isn’t valid if the property is already supplied by bulb.

I’m not patronising you…I’m simply trying to help.

I was trying to ascertain any possible reason for the referral to fail. It’s pretty simple.

But seriously…email help@bulb.co.uk if you think you have had a referral refused for non good reason, itll be resolved in a week…

I have had no issue with my referrals either. I’ve made quite a lot of money from bulb intact half of my normal annual usage.

For gods sake. pack it in. I didn't come on this site to get patronised by you.. You are a troll NO I HAVENT MOVED. I HAVE BEEN IN THIS HOUSE FOR 20 YEARS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A BULB CUSTOMER. You are not helpful. Go and get a bloody life will you

I’m not entirely sure what you did come on this site for. You haven’t asked a question, and in any case none of us fellow customers would be able to help with a referral problem. If Bulb have rejected the referral and you’re sure there’s no valid reason why, then can I suggest that you escalate the problem by following the official complaints procedure? If you get no reply after 8 weeks, or if you’re still not happy, you can then also go to the Energy Ombudsman for free independent support.

You might be best to lose the attitude and the emotive language however, i.e., drop words like lie, fraudulently, disgusted, con merchants, arrogant idiots. You need to keep it professional or you’ll get nowhere, which possibly explains your current predicament. If you are actually looking for help then you’re going about it the wrong way.

I used a friends referral link in good faith for £50 credit on joining. Only after the switch has completed Bulb have decided to lie and claim I am a previous customer to deny me this £50. I'm shocked that you would do this and pretty disgusted

Bulb have recently implemented a system of automated emails for referral rejections and there are a few glitches that they’re in the process of fixing.

For example, your referral might have been incorrrectly rejected if you previously started a switch to Bulb but cancelled before actually joining.

Whatever the reason is, just contact Bulb and they’ll override the rejection.

I think @Maria51 has posted very reasonably on this BB, the assumption from @FromTheValleys that @Maria51 is wrong and Bulb are right is based on insufficient evidence. Personally I think you (@FromTheValleys) should offer an apology until this becomes clearer.

@NotSoSmart not a chance.

I don’t take lightly to these kinds of accusations. I was trying to ascertain circumstances in which the referral might have failed. It just seems to be an administrative error in this case.

It’s a common misconception that this site is direct customer service, quite another kicking off when someone is asking you a question on a public customer forum.

Well, it would’ve been the decent thing to do for now, possibly with some ‘Holier than though’ rewards later on, but if you aren’t able to do so then we’ll let the Gods of the Bulb BB judge you.

Well, it would've been the decent thing to do for now, possibly with some 'Holier than though' rewards later on, but if you aren't able to do so then we'll let the Gods of the Bulb BB judge you.

Perhaps the OP can update this forum on the latest position regarding payment or non payment of the referral this would seem the decent thing to do in the circumstances?

You are completely free to leave if you think their that bad

Was that really worth bumping a 3 months old thread for?

1 Like

Not really but I’m a new customer and still playing catch up