Why do official meter readings not show on the system?

On the list of meter readings you have estimated and customer but not when some one has come to the actual house and done it independently. Why do these not get listed?

I wasn’t aware Bulb had any official meter readers. I’ve certainly not had anyone come round to check anything other than the water meter (itself a surprise as I thought they were meant to be read remotely via radio transponder) since switching over. Possibly you were being cased out by a scammer?

I wasn't aware Bulb *had* any official meter readers. I've certainly not had anyone come round to check anything other than the water meter (itself a surprise as I thought they were meant to be read remotely via radio transponder) since switching over. Possibly you were being cased out by a scammer?

Unless it has recently changed “Gas and electricity suppliers have a licence obligation to inspect their customers’ meters at least every two years,” according to OFGEM. There was a recent discussion on this forum about this and Bulb’s response said they inspect every year.

Hi there - as discussed, when you are with Bulb you may still get a meter reader visit your house, as we are legally obliged to offer this service. The reading will come through onto your Bulb account in time, but it can take a little while

The reading did come through on my account but it did not show that it was from an independent reading but just as a customer reading. Why did it not show up as being from a different source?

I was wondering the same, i had someone turn up last week to read my meter and within two days the readings were showing in my account page but just as a customer reading and not a independent reading.

Hi both - With our bills and statements it will only every say Customer Read, or Estimate. On our systems we can see that it was done by an independent meter reader though - These amendments are being looked at to see if it would be necessary to update our billing terms to include independent meter reads.