why do you need to read my meter when I do it for you?

Your agent came yesterday to my home to read my meters, when I had supplied them to you just recently. Don’t you trust me???

All meters no matter which utility company must manually read the meters every 2 years, it would just depend on where you are on the system and I suspect nothing to do with joining Bulb.

Your agent came yesterday to my home to read my meters, when I had supplied them to you just recently. Don't you trust me????

It isn’t a matter of trust, under Ofgem rules suppliers must read meters at least every two years. please see this fact sheet: https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/42361/5875-factsheetmeteraccuracy-and-billingdisputes-pdf

Hi there @petelewisr as the other guys said (thanks @scudo and @Allanr) we are indeed obliged to send someone out to read the meters now and then. But we do trust you, I promise!

ok, but when I do read my meter and enter values, why does it take so long to change the energy usage graph? My current histogram
still doesn’t show result for October, but I have already paid the bill!

ok, but when I do read my meter and enter values, why does it take so long to change the energy usage graph? My current histogram still doesn't show result for October, but I have already paid the bill!

Why not forget the charts on Bulb, just keep your own spreadsheet which I explained in response to a separate posting from you? This means you will get instantaneous 100% accurate energy usage charts from your spreadsheet.