Why don't Bulb set up standing orders?

I would like to know why BULB is the only company on the planet , that im aware of. That do not have a system to set up STANDING ORDERS I pay all my bills by SO. nothing by DD. Come on BULB get with the real world.

Standing orders are set up by the customer via their own bank. The company does not need a system to set up standing orders, indeed cannot set up standing orders even if they wanted.

In the real world, the most common payment method for monthly bills is direct debit.

Which companies accept a standing order? Actually I’ll rephrase that - which accept a standing order and still offer you their cheapest tariff?

I would like to know why BULB is the only company on the planet , that im aware of. That do not have a system to set up STANDING ORDERS
Then you're very fortunate. I've always preferred standing orders, but over the years I've been forced into DD by most of the organisations I deal with.
I would like to know why BULB is the only company on the planet , that im aware of. That do not have a system to set up STANDING ORDERS I pay all my bills by SO. nothing by DD. Come on BULB get with the real world.

I think in the real world most customers pay by DD and is the preferred option by large companies. I can’t think of any company or organisation I have dealt with who has asked me to set up a standing order, they have always asked for DD payments.

I currently have 11 DD set up with my bank and and I hate to think how many years I have been doing DD payments but in all that time not one DD has been incorrectly taken.

Why do companies go for DD over standing order, please see this link for an answer: https://gocardless.com/guides/intro-to-direct-debit/standing-order/