Why has my direct debit increased?

I have been talking on the Which power supplier forum and have been asked why my gas and electricity direct debit with bulb had been increased from £66.00 to £82.00 as my account is £178.00 in credit? My credit more than covers two months of future bills and as most of my fuel supplies are off grid there isn’t expected to be a major increase with winter.

I have been talking on the Which power supplier forum and have been asked why my gas and electricity direct debit with bulb had been increased from £66.00 to £82.00 as my account is £178.00 in credit? My credit more than covers two months of future bills and as most of my fuel supplies are off grid there isn't expected to be a major increase with winter.

There have been lots of discussions about this on the forum, and Eleanor at Bulb posted this helpful guide https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/22738/#Comment_22738 as to reasons for DD increases.

In the guide it mention you can keep your DD the same, in your case at £66.

Obviously there may come a time when you will have to increase your DD to enable at least your account to be in credit sufficient to pay one month in advance for your energy use.