Why has my monthly payments doubled????

Why has my monthly payments doubled??? Received an email today after only being with you months of a huge price increase despite my account being in credit for the first few months??

Why has my monthly payments doubled???? Received an email today after only being with you months of a huge price increase despite my account being in credit for the first few months??

I guess you haven’t checked out the recent discussions on this forum regarding this same topic?

There have been a multitude of posts regarding this aspect please feel free to check down the list of threads by clicking the “Recent Discussions” button.

My comment are purely as another customer.

If you have sufficient credit in your account to pay in advance for one months energy use then you are able to keep your DD the same.

Ideally you should be setting your DD to the “Average monthly usage” which is showing in your “payments & statements” in your account dashboard.

At some stage it is possible you will use up your credit, if so then you need to increase your DD so that your account doesn’t go into a debit situation.