Why have my payments increased?

My monthly payment has increased from £72 to £211 How come it has gone up this much I’m a single man living alone and spend most of the time away I was with SSE and moved to bulb as it was cheaper and I had no issues with them and was only paying £100 for over a year.

My monthly payment has increased from £72 to £211 How come it has gone up this much I'm a single man living alone and spend most of the time away I was with SSE and moved to bulb as it was cheaper and I had no issues with them and was only paying £100 for over a year.

Seems a massive increase, but this article may possibly help with regards to a reason: https://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/22738/#Comment_22738

Purely as another customer, you haven’t said whether your account is in credit or debit.

Ideally your DD should be set to the figure quoted in your “Payments & statement section” of your account dashboard, it will be shown under Average monthly usage

Whether your DD need to be set to this Average monthly usage figure will depend on whether your account is in credit or debit.

Don’t confuse “the monthly payment” with “the bill”. The monthly payment is simply a payment on account and tells you nothing about whether one supplier is cheaper than another. A supplier could offer you a quote at £10 per month, sounds great, until you realise for the last 12 months you’ve been dramatically underpaying and are now £1000 in debt.

How have your actual bills based on actual meter readings been looking in terms of cost? Is your account currently in credit or debit?

Hi @Ben8839

I’ve had a quick look over your meter readings. There was a sudden jump in your gas meter readings back in August. As this was the first-meter reading we receive from you, I suspect that we need to change your opening meter readings.

Could you drop us an email at help@bulb.co.uk or give us a call on 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) to say you need to dispute your meter readings, then we’ll get this sorted for you.

In the meantime, you can amdend your direct debit on your Bulb account. Just head to the payments and statements tab.

Eleanor I don’t have that payments tab to allow me to change my payments

Hi @Ben8839. Do you have access to a computer? You can change your payments on the desktop version of the Bulb account.

If not, please let me know.

It’s important that we get your opening meter readings changed also. Without doing this, your account will still have a large debit which could be incorrrect.

Ok I am away at the moment but will send them on Friday when I get back